The new STAT!Ref resource Learn EMG: An Interactive Quiz Approach to Electrodiagnostic Interpretation is a fully interactive tool to teach basic concepts and interpretation of electrodiagnostic findings in patients with a variety of neuromuscular conditions.
Using a quiz approach and clinical vignettes to make learning both fun and challenging, this unique program teaches users to recognize basic and complex features of individual NCS and needle EMG waveforms and accurately interpret combinations of findings in the context of clinical vignettes.
The program is organized into 10 quiz sets or topics covering general NCS and needle EMG findings and common clinical problems. Each set is devoted to a particular theme and contains 20 multiple-choice questions framed by case vignettes, waveforms, audio/video clips, and other information to help the user select the correct answer. Audio discussions related to the questions and answers are presented within each case to highlight key features and concisely teach important concepts related to the findings.
Topics include basic NCS waveforms and variants, basic needle EMG waveforms (spontaneous activity and motor unit potentials), technical issues, upper extremity, lower extremity, peripheral neuropathies, diffuse neuromuscular disorders, cranial nerve disorders, and unusual disorders.
- Teaches basic concepts and recognition of a wide variety of nerve conduction study and needle EMG waveform abnormalities
- Demonstrates common and uncommon findings that are encountered in clinical practice
- Utilizes an interactive quiz approach including a case, question, and discussion to teach the material
- Provides a concise explanation and discussion of the findings to help the user understand the concepts and learn more accurate interpretation of EMG
- Includes 200 examples of normal and abnormal findings, with more than 400 images and 90 videos